Monday, July 16, 2007

Wageningen, Netherlands, IALE conference, 25 years

First week in July I visited Netherlands . The main reason was to visit with my former adviser who was presenting at the conference in a small city near to Utrecht (Wageningen). Moreover to meet my friend and former cooworker who came to Wageningen to present as well. Within 4 days I visited 4 cities and biked nearly 30 km. Although it was a short trip, I got some nice experiences, got to know part of Netherlands, and realized some trues about the Dutch people. Let me share with you puzzles from what I learnt.

3 comments:

talk said...

How was Wageningen? Did you like it?

Macek said...

beleive me talksmart, Austrians smoke more!!!

Macek said...

Wageningen, is small, in summer months relatively silent city, which reminded me of Brookings. I can see the big differents, when the students crowd come back in September. In July it was empty, though. Just those few houndred people from the Conference. I like the areas along the river, everything was incredible green. People are specific, within those few days I did not really get to understand them. Have to come back.