Saturday, July 21, 2007

AUSTRIA and SMOKING

You all know that I am not a smoker. Most of my life I either was in countires were public smoking was not allowed or , if that was not the case, I tried to stay always little aside from smokers when they had "their while". Things changed when I came to Wiena. No.. I did not start smoking.

The smoking is allowed everywhere here and people literally TAKE advantage of it. There is no place to hide. Not even at your own home. During these hot days with average daily 28 Degrees, you really want to keep your window open. Than, however, you should be prepared, that you would have to share a deep smoke with your neighbor. Sometimes I think "lets" go better somewhere out. But, that doesnt usually help. People smoke in bars, thats nothing surprising. But people smoke on open concerts while being 20 cm from you, people smoke on a bus station 1m from you, people even smoke in the swimming pool!!.. That time I got really pissed, though.

I am angry, Come one people, Dont really think just about your self, can you just imagine that 30% of the population would just start fart for fun anywhere downtown? Its comparable, its actually much better, it at least doesn't damage our health..

2 comments:

talk said...

Most of my Dutch friends smoke too :-) IT is always from the culture.

Unknown said...

oh that's frustrating... especially after Lincoln.
yea, smoking is more common back in Armenia as well....