Wednesday, May 16, 2007

SiSSi



This Sunday I visited the Schönbrun castle, home for Franz Josef and Sissi. I browsed through the gardens and took a Golden Tour through the chateau. It was my first visit at a turistic place since my trip in Mexico. I was nicely surprised by an electronic guide in english. Yes, I know its not a suprise in Austria. Beleive me, its a big surprise in Mexico.

Anyway, on the tour you get to know something more about a private life of both Franc Josef and his beloved Sissi. I was often wondering how is it possible that the ladies in early age were so thin. I got the answer. Though having a 3-5 meal family dinners everyday, Sissi could never join these dinners in order to keep her figure. She exercised every day and was never alone, always surrounded by her maid. Franz Josef was working every day 5 to 9 but never forget to keep some time for his darling.He really loved her and at the end of his life said: "Nobody can know how much I loved this woman". What a love story. Dont you think?

1 comment:

talk said...

Interesting. Is there a movie for that?