Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Biking in central Wien, Fahrrad in Wien

Have you ever experienced traffic jam on the bike trail? No? Try to bike in Wien around 9am or 6 pm, during the bike rush hour. Though the biking trail system in Wien is excellent, it cannot capture the amount of people biking here during this time of the day. The bikers are tolerant, though, they don't hunk, nor do they scream at other, what would one expect. They just silently obey the rules.

Yesterday, there were a lot of police man downtown. Biking home in late hours, I forgot my light. One would say "and?". And? I was really lucky that there was a little less lucky biker in front of me who has been stopped and charged few Euro, so that I could silently do a big loop around this couple and safely got home. Anyway, next time I will not forget my light. This fee can actually get to your register. And you don't really want to pay some more Euros on your car insurance in few years just because of your laziness few years before.

No comments: