Thursday, December 27, 2007

Alps ski resorts - Schladming

It has been already 8 months since I moved to Austria. This was after more then 3 years which I spent in the US Great Plains. After such a long time on the Plains, the mountains of Austria are for me as a Paradize. Already before I came here I told myself to take advantage of this landscape: hike, ski, snowshoe etc... Sofar I introduce to my regural readers (I hope I have some) areas in the Wien vicinity which I consider good for day or twoday hikes. Now, its time to tell you something about where to go for skiing.

Last week I spent in Schladming, ski resort maybe an hour southeast from Salzburg. The main advantages of Schladming-Ramsau area? The price, location, ski conditions, mix of nations.. I recomend coming here as we did, bunch of people renting an apartment (for instance http://www.bruckreiterhof.at/). We ended up paying around 45 Euros per person for three nights. I think .. pretty good price. Also the skirental may get much cheaper if you make an online reservation (i.e. https://www.sport2000rent.at/de/rent/). Finally, dont forget that it may get much cheaper to buy 2 or more days skipass than to buy only single day passes. The panorama picture shows the ski area above Schladming at around 4 pm by my friend Zoltan (www.bartalis.com), the sunsets are amazing. At 4 30 its already dark. The following picture was taken by one small restaurant down by the slope at around 5 pm.

And regarding the rest? Thats half of our skiing crew. Martina, Mike, me and Fida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.