Friday, April 27, 2007

FIRST DAYS IN WIEN

I came to Wien on Sunday. The sunny weather which has stayed so until now revealed me the spring face of Wien. There is something to adore on every building. I missed that. Parks are just beautiful, ready for flowers to start growing. Many small stores offer you anything you can think of. Its great, you can actually buy meat in a specialized store, and vegetables in other specialized store (this is a note for all my international friends in USA)

My apartment is in the center, close to the StadtPark, Stefansdom, Hofburg, Dunau, ..everything is really close to here. Also my work is only walking distance from here.

Yesterday, my sisters boyfriend showed me around .. told me where to get cheap meat, vegetables, where to exchange money.. where to go, where to not go....now I will continue exploring.. everyday a little bit.

Yesterday I visited StefansDom, a cathedral which was dedicated to Saint Stefan (Stepan in Czech). Built mostly in 15th century, this building has some parts from early 13th century (main Gate and two towers). Inside you can find tombs of members of Habsburk family.

When approaching Stefans Dom from the back, I saw this work and thought that its just a beautiful wooden work..NO.. this is made of stone. Detailed work!


I will continue my Wien walks and provide you with some more interesting pictures. I dont have very good internet access, but I hope to be able to post at least a little bit every day.

3 comments:

Daria said...

Dear Marcela, I wish you good luck in Vienna! I could imagine, it's a big change after the US?;-) by the way, how's your german?;-))

Macek said...

Hello Dasha, what a surprise, my german? I will tell you later, OK? will work on it, promise.. I saved your blog.

Daria said...

Yep, that's me, honey=)))
I am looking forward. It's really nice, that some guys of us can stay in contact on this way=)