Thursday, March 22, 2007

MEXICO 2007

I always wanted to visit Chiapaz – home state of my good friend Roberto in Mexico - and confirm all his stories about the natural and cultural beauties he was sharing with us while studying in Nebraska. Moreover I really thought it would be great to get my own picture about the south neighboring country to US, which is so often discussed on all media.

Shortly after I got a job in Wiena in February 2007 (and should leave USA after 3.5 years of studying), I knew I want to experience some country with different culture to that of US or Europe. Considering geographical and financial options I decided that Mexico and Chiapaz in particular should be the right choice.

Traveling from South Dakota is always a nightmare, especially if you decide to safe some money. In this case, you have to sacrifice some time to get to Omaha and then fly to Chicago. This flight costs you only 45 dollars. You have to change the airports, though with the risk of lost baggage which may not be delivered until you get back. Then just get on board at Ohaire airport and tradaaaa to Mexico City. On the way there… OK, but this procedure is quite a hassle on the way back…

Anyway, I got to Mexico City using latter described connections, was picked by my good friend Roberto and with the first step out of the airport I started to perceive this country full of disparities.

The smells, the traffic, the typical green taxis, the people, the food all along the streets, the …everything.

No comments: